Saturday, May 5, 2012

Slowing down...

I'm accustomed to doing 27 different things at once. It's a habit I've had for as long as I can remember. Being so busy shields me from having to feel the feelings that inevitably come up about "not having made it yet" or "what have I seen you in?"

But lately I've been slowing down and focusing. Earlier this week I had reservations to hear a panel of speakers at the Screen Actors Guild. Now, I am all for hearing experts speak, and learning from those who have gone ahead of me in my chosen career. But as I contemplated the best use of my time that evening, I realized, that would be "gathering information." And I've already gathered information. A LOT of information. What's important for me right now is to tap into my own wisdom, my own flow. This is the most important aspect of the creative process.

So I stayed home. I read. I spent time with a friend. I breathed the night air on my balcony. And the next day, I felt myself so clearly. Very emotionally available. Ready to write, create, connect.

Slowing down is the new speeding up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, you've been in LA for a year or more - you found a place to live, you bought a car and you even signed with an agent.

Now what?

This blog is about taking your career to the next level - thinking big, thinking outside the box and working collaboratively to achieve success. Success in LA.